The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
Please review the following forms, located on the Helpful Forms page, for a complete and thorough understanding of the exceptions to your confidentiality, your rights as a mental health patient regarding medical records, and my business policies.
- Disclosure Statement
- Cancellation Policies
- Confidentiality Rights & Limitations
- Client Rights Regarding HIPPA Authorizations